Canvas Community Groups are one of the best places for meaningful relationships to develop and for sustained spiritual life-change to occur. In these groups, people study God’s Word and discuss the issues and challenges of life. It’s also where people gather to pray, eat, laugh, live, play, serve, and care for one another. Community Group Gatherings are about doing life together and walking in the direction of Jesus. Community Groups are typically small groups comprised of six to twelve individuals or five to eight couples that meet in someone’s home or coffee shop for fellowship, Bible study, prayer, and encouragement.
Join one of our 40 Days of Prayer Community Groups this Spring, starting the week of May 7.
Through 40 Days of Prayer we will learn to pray for breakthroughs, develop a daily habit of prayer, experience God’s blessing, and grow closer in unity.
40 Days of Prayer will help us pray persistently and trust God for everything. The small group sessions will include:
* The Purpose of Prayer
* How to Pray with Confidence
* Rhythms in Prayer, Praying for a Breakthrough
* How to Pray in Crisis
* Why Doesn’t God Answer the First Time I Pray
Join a group TODAY! Here are the groups available:
* Mondays at 7:00 p.m. (Young Adults 20’s-30’s) Led by Courtney Allen | Hosted by Bev & Jan Egil Gulbrandsen (Bear Mountain) | Email firstname.lastname@example.org to join this group
* Mondays at 7:00 p.m. | Led by Lisa & Paul Blais & Nicki Atherton (Near Veterans Memorial Park) | Email email@example.com to join this group
* Tuesdays at 12:00 p.m. | Led by Ashley Austin (Highlands) | Email Ashley@canvaschurch.ca to join this group
* Tuesdays at 7:00 p.m. | Led by Ron & Gail King | Hosted by Henry & Maureen (Near Westshore Mall) | Email firstname.lastname@example.org to join this group
* Tuesdays at 7:00 p.m. | Led by Ashley & April Austin | Hosted by Dave & Audrey Steinguard (Bear Mountain) | Email Ashley@canvaschurch.ca to join this group
* Tuesdays at 7:00 p.m. | Led by Mari-Etha & Sarah Blackaby (Near U Vic) | Email email@example.com to join this group
* Wednesdays at 7:00 p.m. | Led by Monika Josok & Carolyn Barter – Wednesdays at 7:00 p.m. (Ladies only - Near Westshore Mall) | Email Carolyn.firstname.lastname@example.org to join this group
* Thursdays at 8:00 a.m. at Pastor Ashley's office (Men only) | Email Ashley@canvaschurch.ca to join this group
* Thursdays at 9:00 a.m. Led by Sandy Munro & Lisa Blais (Ladies only - Near Veterans Memorial Park) | Email email@example.com to join this group
* Fridays at 10:30 a.m. - Led by Yolanda Sanz & Karla Townsend (Spanish Speaking Ladies) | Email Yolanda_sanz_tobon@hotmail.com to join this group
Encountering God Through His Word
Tuesdays at 12:00 p.m. or 6:30 p.m.
Are you interested in circling up with a group of friends to walk through the New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs in 2018? Do you want to grow in your understanding of how to study the Bible? Would you enjoy spending time celebrating how God is working and praying with others? Join Pastor Ashley at 12:00 p.m. on Tuesdays in the Highlands beginning Tuesday, January 23 for an amazing time in the Word, prayer, and with friends. If evenings are better for you the same study will be available on Tuesday evenings in the Highlands, beginning January 23 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. with Pastor Ashley and April. For more information or to sign up email firstname.lastname@example.org.