Join us starting September 21 through October 29 in a 40-day journey as we connect with Christ. Canvas. Community. Over the next 40 days we want to be intentional as a Faith Family. Intentionally connecting with Christ daily. Intentionally connecting with Canvas daily. Intentionally connecting with community daily.
Connecting with Christ.
As you walk through this C3 Journal, the goal is to help you establish life-giving rhythms that lead to meaningful life-giving encounters with Christ. In John 10:10 Jesus said, “I have come that you may have life and have it to the full.” A little further along in John 15:5 Jesus says, “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.” Jesus offers us life and He offers it in abundance. As we connect with Christ through the Word, through prayer, through sitting in His Presence, and through journaling all that He is teaching us, we can anticipate an experience that leads to fullness of life and joy through His Word, through prayer, and in His Presence.
Connecting with Canvas.
Life-change often happens best in the context of relationships. We want to encourage you to connect with others at Canvas for encouragement, to celebrate how God is working, to learn from one another, and to pray together. This could happen life on life in a coffee shop, over a meal, for a walk. Your connecting could happen in a Canvas small group. We understand with COVID-19 you need to be creative with how you are connecting. You might need to connect via ZOOM, Facetime, over the phone, in a park, a beach, a back yard or in another creative fashion. Do your best to connect in the best way you can under the circumstances.
If you are married, remember your spouse is a gift from God. Create space in your calendar to connect with them. Plan a weekly date. Enjoy a nice dinner together, go for a hike, sit at the beach, enjoy a cup of coffee on your back porch, etc. Consider reading through the Scripture in the C3 Journal together, consider asking one another what you are learning as you go through it, and consider grabbing your spouse by the hand and praying for one another.
If you have children, we want to encourage you to create space to connect with them as well. Parents intentionally connect with your children. Plan fun outings. Go for a hike, Take them to the park. Play board games together. Throw the football. Kick the soccer ball. Go for a bike ride. Pray with them and bless them as they go to school and before bed. Ask the Lord to give you meaningful conversations around the dinner table. Consider walking through this Bible reading plan with your kids or consider taking the most meaningful verse from your reading and spend time talking with your children about that one verse. If your teen has a phone, consider texting them one of the verses from your time in the Word as an encouragement to them.
Connecting with Community.
Christ loves our community! He cares for each person we will run into. In Luke 19:10 Jesus said, “The Son of Man came to seek and save that which is lost.” In Mark 10:45 He said, “For the Son of Man didn’t come to be served but to serve and give His life as a ransom for many.” God is at work in our community, desiring to draw people into a love relationship with His Son Jesus Christ. He is inviting us to join Him in what He is doing by connecting with people in our community.
As you go throughout your day, Ask God to show you how He is working. Ask Him to give you opportunities to bless others. As God opens doors for you to bless others, take steps of faith in joining Him in blessing others in our city.
The Rhythms of the C3 Journal.
- Spend time daily in the selected Scripture passages. We will start on September 21 and wrap up on October 30.
- Set your alarm for 10:10 a.m., 2:42 p.m. and 9:38 p.m. At 10:10 a.m. as you reflect on Jesus words in John 10:10, would you take one minute to ask Jesus to help you experience fullness of life in Him? At 2:42 p.m. would you take one minute to ask the Holy Spirit to help us at Canvas to be an Acts 2:42-47 kind of church. At 9:38 p.m. would you take one minute to join Jesus request in Matthew 9:38 In asking the Lord of the harvest to send workers into His harvest fields in our community?
- Connect daily for a few minutes with at least one person from Canvas to share something God is teaching you, something God is doing in your life, to pray together, and to offer a word of encouragement.
- Connect daily with your spouse and kids to share something God is teaching you, something God is doing in your life, to pray together, and to offer a word of encouragement. This could happen on the car ride to school, over a meal, before bed, or at another time that works in your schedule.
- To ask God to show you someone in the community that you need to connect with. To offer them a word of encouragement. To bless them with an intentional act of kindness. Maybe it’s paying for their coffee in the drive through, maybe it’s a smile, a kind word, or stepping into a specific need you see in someone’s life.